Sunday, May 27, 2018

Pink and Pretty


 So, here are a few of my favorite things......placed in front of one of my favorite quilts.  It's a family quilt, lots of names on it....so a cross-stitched LOVE ONE ANOTHER just seems to go there really well.   And, that reminder never hurts anyone, does it? I've no clue who did the cross-stitch, but I made the quilt long ago.  I got the cross-stitch from Sheila at the Junk House.....it really called my name....as you well know....the colors pink and green are always calling my name, so it was irresistible.  It's beautifully stitched.


 A recent acquistion was this pink ceramic flower vase from the 40's.........and a heart too....how could I go wrong?  Love it!!!  The little heart bowl I was given a few years ago....it is adorable and the little pink bowl is just dear also.  They sit atop a wonderful cake plate I got from Kathy a while back......it is wonderful.........a few meadow flowers amongst roses.  I love it.


 This lovely green vase is a recent purchase also.  From Charles, also at the Junk House.  Just lovely.
And, such a sweet bird perched on it's edge.  


 The yellow 'flower' bowl with pink bird....oh, my, I loved it at first sight, but have had it for a while now.
One filled with perle cotton in great colors....some pink.  The other filled with tiny paper roses.  Tickles my fancy....just saying.





 The yellow bowl,  underside.


 The green vase, underside.


 The pink heart vase is not marked, but I found it online under McCoy.
I really need to bake a cake and show it off on that cake plate sometime soon!


And, here they all are in my tiny dining room.......all that pink and green mixed in with lots of red and part of my flag collection. I hope you enjoyed seeing this little piece of Bird Nest Cottage, with it's new colorful ceramic pieces, all the stitching and my best wishes for a 
Happy Memorial Day

 And, a gentle reminder:

LOVE ONE ANOTHER.

Until next time
from
Bird Nest Cottage
♥️♥️♥️

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Pat....
Beautiful post! What a great way to start my day! I love the cross stitch and all your pretty bowls and vases with birds and flowers on them! They look just right in your dining room sitting in front of one of my all time favorite quilts! I have loved that quilt from the first time I saw it...so beautiful and so very special! Thank you for sharing little bits and pieces from your home! Your posts always make me smile and inspire me!

Happy Memorial Day my friend! Sending hugs and love your way!

Christy said...

Love the bowls with the birdies! I hope you're feeling great and having a good Memorial Day. Take care, my friend.
botm2@yahoo.com

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

The pink heart vase is an eye catcher. I just love the lace at the top. I can see why you grabbed it right up. I like the way you fill you treasures with little balls of thread. And the paper flowers!! Great idea. Your home is like a HUGE doll house with plenty treasures to arrange and re-arrange.
xx, Carol

Jaybird said...

Everything is so cute. You have given me a bright idea...I have my Mom's cake plate...I need to set it up with some of the little goodies that seem to adopt me!
Thanks and have a great weekend.
Blessings,
J

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.