Thursday, June 25, 2015

Remembering 48 Anniversaries and Celebrating the 49th Today!


 Happy 49th Anniversary, Richard

"LOVE IS A PROMISE, LOVE IS A SOUVENIR, ONCE GIVEN NEVER FORGOTTEN, NEVER LET IT DISAPPEAR."
John Lennon

 

Today is our 49th Anniversary. 

Rather than be sad he's gone, I choose to be so very happy he was here, so I'll  remember with gratitude, love and joy.  "The old navy man" would often come into the house (or my studio) with a bouquet of 'everyday flowers' in his hand, sometimes he'd have put them in a vase from the pantry, and sometimes there would be a tiny bouquet freshly picked from the yard somewhere, delivered in his bare hands.   He always gave me flowers on our anniversary, but actually, these little impromptu flower gatherings were always my favorites.  So, yes, today I'm remembering.....

 from Bird Nest Cottage

Until next time,
♥♥♥

 


12 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Yes, those little gifts given for no reason except a special love are the most memorable and appreciated. Mine are usually frogs or turtles...sometimes real. Happy Anniversary. I know you are blessed with many, many loving memories.
Much Love
Carol

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Pat, his sweet and tender ways are the perfect etching to tickle those heart strings of
love and precious sentiment. Thinking of you and The Navy Man.....

hugs and love....

Dolores said...

A Happy Anniversary of remembrance.

Sheila said...

Happy Anniversary! I know you have so may special memories that make this day special for you.

A bird in the hand said...

Happy anniversary, dear Pat! I had my 40th on June 1 and grateful for nothing but sweet memories. xoxo

http://thankfullga447 said...

Wonderful memories, something simple can be so so meaningful.

Laurie said...

What a special tribute to your Navy Man. The simple things in life are always the best. Thank-you for sharing your precious memories with us.
Bless You Pat.

Julie Fukuda said...

That is so sweet. I think out of 53 years, my husband hasn't even remembered but a handful ... and maybe that is because the kids reminded him. Now, if it had included food at a fancy restaurant. he would remember what he ate and who was there and I would have forgotten it all.

Christy said...

You're so lucky that you had found one of the 'good ones'. Happy Day to you!
botm2@yahoo.com

Lynn B said...

Such a lovely tribute to your husband, how sweet he brought you flowers in this way, I am sure you will have many happy memories today.

Audra Jones said...

Happy Anniversary! Love hearing your stories about ya'll. Hope to be celebrating that many one day :). Love you!

Jaybird said...

Happy anniversary!
Blessings to you sweet girl......
J

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.