Saturday, May 30, 2015

Wild Roses in May


The other day I was driving down the road from my old house.  I still go that way when headed to certain places.  On that day I was headed to the highway to go to Beebe.  To the flea, of course.  There is an old house there....right down the road from mine.....and each year there are roses there.  No one has lived on that property in many years, but there are still roses.  I call them Wild.  Really, I should call them Determined.  They are so beautiful, so on the way back home, I stopped and picked one little bouquet of them.....just couldn't resist.


 This is what they look like along side the road...pretty neglected and trying so hard to be noticed.


 So, I stopped and was treated to a beautiful sight....when you get close....well, they are spectacular!


 Really, what could be prettier than these?  Seriously?  Anything?


 Very special....full blooms, and buds....how many people drive on by and never see these?


  They look big in these photos, but the blooms are less than two inches across.


I'm trying to see the 'little things' that make life so beautiful....this particular day....I really did!!
Wishing you those sights too!

This is still written on my chalkboard from last year:

 "She said she usually cried at least once each day not because she was sad but because the world was so beautiful and life was so short."  Unknown

Until next time,
♥♥♥



























4 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Ah Pat, those roses were just waiting for you to come by and make them feel valued.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Just beautiful. Heart lifting to see their persistence. On one hand you would think the bush would be better off if taken to your garden to thrive....on the other hand you wonder how many people see it along the road and just the sight brightens there day. I don't think many would notice their beauty among the weeds. Something to think about.
xx, Carol

Jaybird said...

Yeppers, I agree with Julie....they were there just for you!!
Be blessed,
J

Christy said...

Just beautiful, Pat.

botm2@yahoo.com

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.