Thursday, January 29, 2015

More Pink: These Made by Me


 Continuing along with my Pink "mood" here are some things I have made over time.  Using many different techniques, you might begin to see how much I love embroidery.  Some of these things I still have, but some have been sold.  Actually,  I wish I had known to take more photos of these pieces to better show them to you...well, you'll notice as we go along there could have been more photos.

This little rectangular pincushion...if I remember, is about 3" x 6."  The flowers are silk ribbon embroidery, with seed beads in the centers.  I used a beautiful varigated green DMC thread for the leaves and the fabric itself was faintly painted.  And,  a ribbon and beaded edge, sewn on by hand.  You know that is the way I prefer to work.  It was FUN!


This is just a smaller version.  I think it was about 3" square.  I remember liking it a lot.  
 


 This is a mixed media piece.  First I painted some Warm and Natural quilt batting.  Then, I embroidered it with this little "scene."  Then it was stitched to a painted canvas, continuing out with the grass and flower idea.  French Knots for the trees, flowers.  I think it was 5" x 8."  Really enjoyed making this...one of several, all different.  I own none of them.  How weird is that?


 I cross-stitched this several years ago from a chart I made from a stitched piece I saw on a blog, with the owner's permission, of course.  That blog is no longer being published, but I still remember the kindness of that particular blogger.  This background is also painted lightly.  I still have not framed this piece, but do intend to try and finish this and lots of pieces I have in "limbo."  The green border is about 5" x 5" or so.


This is the center of a quilt I made...and one of my favorites.  This is a nine inch block.  I loved making it.



 These three little pincushions are made with appliqued pieces which have been held in place by an iron on interfacing...then embroidered with a single strand of DMC Floss, using a Chain Stitch.  Very tiny Chain Stitches.  Very easy, but tedious and great fun!  I think the larger one is about 5" x 5." 


 Another pincushion.....I can't remember the size, but do know it wasn't very big....perhaps 4" x 8."
An appliqued heart attached with the applique stitch.  Embroidered vines and a beaded edge. 


Now, this I still own.  A vintage cup, filled with sand, with an embroidered  wreath of pink flowers on top....a length of flower 'ribbon' sewn in place and beads threaded and stitched between the flowers.    I have a selection of cups, sugar bowls, and such saved up to make more of these.  Expect them at some point...I just can't promise when.


 This piece is a mixed media piece...a canvas about 12" x 15" or so.  It's hanging in my guest bath at this very moment.  I painted a canvas for the background, adding a page from a vintage ledger, roses and butterflies from paper napkins, a lady from a magazine, a hand drawn and painted tree. 


 This tiny farm "scene" is about 3" x 4."  The little barn is very tiny, appliqued, then decorated with many French Knot flowers and trees.  This is one of my very favorite things I've ever made.  Yes, I still own it.  I made several of these, somewhat larger,  with different elements in them.  As I prefer to make only one of a kind items,  I did keep this one. 


This is an ATC card.  2 1/2" x 3 1/2"  Embroidered in Satin Stitch, using DMC floss, with a beaded edge.  Those little hearts are the kind that will be in my tutorial in February.


 I should have shown a photo of this piece after it was framed.  But....
I used a piece of painter's canvas that was my "paint rag" for the background of this piece.  (Never throw out anything!!!!)  Then, I painted the old tree, then the birds.  I painted some paper in bright colors, cut tiny leaves from it and sewed the leaves on with machine stitches and the piece was finished.  Oh, and added a funky little flower too.  Great fun!!


And, finally, pretty pink flowers in silk ribbon embroidery. This is a piece of a Crazy Quilt I made...lots of pink in it.  Yes, I've got a variety of things on this post...all with some pink....all FUN...and hopefully, interesting and enjoyable for you to see.

Next, a single pink item....I will show it to you by special request.  Not nearly so dramatic as that sounds...but maybe you will find it very interesting....as it sort of comes under the heading of what   to do when cleaning up a vintage purchase isn't quite as easy as you thought.

Until then,
♥♥♥


7 comments:

Lynn B said...

Oh my gosh these are simply beautiful!
You are so talented, I love everything you make, I cannot choose a favourite as they are all wonderful!

Scrap said...

adorable ! I love these

Sheila said...

Pat, Everything is gorgeous! I love it all.Just when I think this one is my favorite I scroll down and see the next piece and that one is. I guess all of them would be.
Stay warm and have a great weekend.

LindaSonia said...

Your stitchery pieces are simply beautiful. Looking at them makes me happy!

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

Love the pink and everything is lovely!

Maureen said...

You are a real artist. I'd love to see the "pink" not shown!

Connie said...

So beautiful....so talented.

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.