Sunday, January 25, 2015

I'm Feeling the Color Pink Today


Well, actually, I'm feeling somewhat Blue today, but I don't want to give in to that feeling, so I took a look around and thought I'd rather spend some time thinking PINK.   It's one of my favorite colors.  Going round the house finding pink things to highlight is much more cheerful, so here is some of what I found to show you.


 Silk roses, a pink crocheted heart pincushion, various threads - some vintage, a calling card, a couple balls of crochet cotton....embellished, of course.  An old pincushion doll (more about her further down this post)  a vintage post card, scissors, vintage sewing tools, pieces of vintage jewelry, a watch, and one of my very favorite things...a vintage photo.  This stuff should get anyone like me out of a blue mood!


 Just take a good look!


 I'd love to make my own crocheted heart pincushion like this.  I should look for the instructions.


Old buttons, forgot to mention those.  Always on the hunt for them...seems I never get enough of looking for them!


 Bits of old jewelry.  It's always nice to add a bit of sparkle to whatever you are doing.  Well, IF you ask me.  And, I LOVE that calling card!


A plastic crochet hook...and then there are is a long and a short  bodkin...I'm not sure if they are early plastic or ivory.


 And, here she is....the pincushion doll.  Isn't she pretty.  (Love those old beads next to her face too!)
Now, she does have a story....


Here she is again...kinda peeking into the photo.   And, notice the two ladies in the old photo.  So Cute!


The old jewelry...that old watch face...love 'em all!!  I think the small roses are made of paper.


I've saved several old watches I've found here and there.


There she is again.  Have you gotten attached to her yet?  I have, as you will see.


 Just another view of the bowl of goodies!!


A lovely collection of Pink!



A very close-up of the card and those little 'jewels.'


So, now here is the story of this lady.  She's fabulous!  I love her so much and have tried to take such good care of her....


 Doesn't she look special here?  Well, there was a little accident......I simply dropped her before the move.


And this is how she looks now.  I simply could not bring myself to throw her away.  


She looks so hopeful that all will go well.  The eternal optimist, I suppose.


And, if you place her 'just so'  with a bunch of other pretty stuff...well, one can still see how beautiful she is!  

  

 See...a little Pink can get you out of the "blues." 

While I'm on the subject of pink,  
 Next time,
I will continue with pink and show you some things I have made in that color. 
 
Until then,

♥♥♥


10 comments:

Lynn B said...

Love your little walk in pink, it is my favourite colour!
What a shame about the lady but she does still look lovely.

Sheila said...

Loved taking a little walk in pink. You have the best pics to show, I could look all day. The pincushion doll is lovely and would never guessed she had a little fall.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Pat, your PINK vignette is beautiful and so lovingly created. Staying busy is a great distraction and creating beauty is even better.

big, big, big hugs to you....

Becky

Gail said...

You have inspired me to put together my own collection of "pink". It is one of my favorite colors also. I also love buttons as does my 7 year old granddaughter. When she visits, she picks her favorites to take home for her own collections. I don't mind. I love sharing.

BrenWall61@gmail.com said...

So love your collections no matter the color. Sorry you are feeling blue and yet still cheering us with your "pink". Hugs

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I love pink. Funny, when I was a kid, I wouldn't be caught dead in pink. When I was about 12, I was big for my age and my feet are size 9. My mother bought me the brightest hot pink tennis shoes and made me wear them. My feet were big pink boats. It took me 40 years to overcome hate for pink LOL
xx, Carol

Maureen said...

Thank you for all the "pink"...so pretty! I like your lady and that you didn't throw her away just because she had an unfortunate accident. Half dolls are an obsession for me and I would have kept her too! I hope you are out of the blues and in the pink today!

Sherry said...

Pat, I love all the goodies you gathered, of course! But it was those tantalizing glimpses of old laces and linens peeking out around the edges that really caught my eye! Beautiful bits of old crochet and embroidery just make me happy, as you already know!

Sherry in Little Rock

Pamela Kellogg said...

Oh what lovely pink things! Pink is my signature color!!! Found you through Maureen's blog.

Pam

Shirlee Fassell said...

Love all the pink especially the rhinestone buttons!

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.