Sunday, October 6, 2013

Vicki's "Pink Scarf Project"


A year ago, my friend, Vicki, asked those who read her blog to participate in her "Pink Scarf Project."  The scarves collected would be given to women fighting breast cancer, hopefully to warm their bodies, as well as their souls and letting them know they were being thought of by other women around the country.   October 1, 2013 was the deadline, but Vicki has had so many participate and more asking to extend the deadline a bit so they could get their scarf in, that it was extended and soon a final count will be given and scarves will be given out.  It's been a wonderful project and I know Vicki is so proud of the response.   And, I know those knitting and crocheting out there in blogland and proudly sending in their donations are excited to see the results also.  Every stitch we made was a big hug for someone!

If you'd like to read about this project, please go visit Vicki's blog....2bagsfull, right HERE.  You will enjoy not only seeing all the scarves and reading more about the project, but also reading all about Vicki's hand knitted BIRD NESTS she makes for charity.  They are made with great love and dedication and quite beautiful!!  And, if you'd like to purchase one, thereby also helping her chosen charity, you can order one of her beautifully knitted NESTS and enjoy it for years to come.  You will also want to read about her Sacred Knitting Room, her travel photos (she takes wonderful photographs!) and I might suggest also checking out the work of the  "Gardener", Vicki's wonderful husband, who has made their home and property a Paradise.  At least that is what I call it!  So...go there, visit, and she will end up being your friend also. 



Vicki has taken wonderful photos of all the scarf donations.  You can see them all.  The above photographs (sent to me by Vicki) are of scarves I knitted and/or crocheted.  I tend to be slow, so even though I began them early in the year, they were just delivered to her in September.  And, they are simple ones too, but made from my heart and hands.  I hope they each warm someone for a long time to come.  BIG HUGS to those who receive one of them!
 

I thought you might want to see one of Vicki's NESTS.  This one is mine....and I love it!  Each NEST has hundreds of different yarns, ribbons, beads, and other embellishments, each also hand knitted by Vicki herself.  

  


Here's a close up photo to give you an idea.  My photos aren't nearly as good as Vicki's, but you can get the idea of just how beautiful these Nests are.
 
  

Yes, I am lucky, indeed, to know Vicki, via her blog,  and I was very happy not only to participate in her Pink Scarf Project, but to be the owner of one of her Nests....it gives me great joy each time I look at it.  She is truly one special person, kind and generous, warm and loving, and a very hard worker too, as she is a nurse in her 'other life.'   THANK YOU, VICKI, for all you do.  Now, y'all go visit her....again...at 2bagsfull, right HERE.  You, too, will be happy you did!  And, now that Fall is here....many beautiful Fall days to you!  Take care, pat







5 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Your nest is beautiful and I follow her blog. I love the photo with the church in the background. Doing things for others is so so satisfying.

Laurie said...

What a beautiful project. What a blessing to those dealing with this horrible illness. Your nest is awesome!

Vicki Boster said...

Bless your heart girlfriend- thank you for all the great support and helping to raise awareness.

I don't even need to ask- I know your days are busy and full-- sending you hugs always.
Vicki

Dolores said...

Happy Birthday Pat!

Letitia said...

Your posts always make me smile and I needed that after hearing of the death of a friend first thing this morning. You are an amazing lady and I am blessed to know you.

Love the nests and wish I had known about the project in time to knit one or more "pretties."

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.