Friday, August 26, 2011

Little Friends Collage






On my last post, I showed you a collage, just finished, called "The Sisters." I think that post went online last Sunday. On Monday, I received an email asking about that collage and now I'm happy to report it has found a new home in Alabama. The sisters are thrilled and will be traveling to Alabama this coming Monday. In that post, I also mentioned that I would show you another collage, recently finished, that was tiny. So, here it is. A tiny six inches square.

What do you think? Are these just the cutest two little kids EVER? I saw this photo on one of my favorite blogs, The Feathered Nest. Dawn is always sharing her vintage photos and this one I just had to use in a collage as #1, these kids are so sweet, and #2, they remind my of my own two kids, born just fifteen months apart. My daughter is the eldest...so they looked very similar to this photo...clothing would have been different, of course, as my kids were born in the late sixties. Anyway, I LOVED the photo and just had to use it.

And, it was fun finding all the 'parts' of the collage. I wanted to use vintage book pages for the background. I had that sweet photo. A couple kinds of flowers were next. As you already know...those are from two different paper napkins. And, then I found those tiny butterflies on another paper napkin. I thought they added just that special little 'touch.' Some paint here and there....and a lacy paper napkin in the corner and there it was. I enjoyed making it and now it's downtown in the studio waiting for a new home. And, again, I will take it to my quilt retreat on the 7th if it's still here.

Such sweet little people....this one may not be easy to let go of. Or, I may have to make one 'in my colors' maybe with different flowers. Or something...we'll see.
Anyway, I hope you visit Dawn, she has a fantastic blog!! Thank you, Dawn, for sharing your wonderful photos!!! And, y'all take care out there....especially if you are on the EAST coast...I'm thinking of you. pat

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

Pat - it is so sweet! I love your collages...I have two small canvasses and as soon as our sale is over in Sept., I would love to try my hand at making one or two. I love that its done when you do the collage and I don't have to find a frame to finish it. Just lovely!

Bonnie

Sheila said...

That is so sweet, I just love it.

Sherry said...

Oh, Pat! I know I've already said it about more than one of your creations, but this is my favorite! You just keep outdoing yourself. Just don't forget how to stitch!!!

Sherry

BrenWall61@gmail.com said...

What precious children and such a delightful collage. You are really getting better and better at your collages. Keep them coming. Maybe you can teach me.
Hugs

Claudine said...

Quel beau travail et quelle douceur ! Bisous et à bientôt

fiberdoodles said...

Just adorable! And how exciting the sisters are moving to Alabama!

I too am a fan of Dawn's blog! sigh...

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and I can't wait to see you!!

Lorraine Young Pottery said...

I know what you mean about not letting go. I just got my batch of googies out of my kiln and was thinking the same about too many pieces!

I just added myself as a follower to your interesting blog!

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.