Saturday, February 13, 2010

"Flea Market Valentine"






HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!! Tomorrow is the day of hearts and chocolate....and isn't that a lovely combination? I hope you all have a wonderful day!

A month ago, I found this framed Valentine at a flea market in Beebe, Arkansas. The very instant I saw it....I knew it was going home with me to appear on my blog to celebrate Valentine's Day. It was $7.00. It is 12 inches square. There is a label on the back telling me it came from Cullman, Alabama in 1999. I often wonder what the story is behind my flea market finds. Who made this? Who for? Why is it in Arkansas? How did it wind up here? Whatever the story is...I always feel it was 'meant' for ME to find it. Yeah, I guess that's kinda weird...but remember, it's me talking here.

I LOVE the hearts, of course. Also that paper doily....the butterflies...well, all of it. I like it so much, I am inspired to try to make something similar for NEXT Valentine's Day. Heaven knows, there is tons of frou-frou in this Nest to make one....mine would have to have not only paper, but fabric, lace and beads, don't you know. Hmmmm.

So, I hope you like my flea market Valentine and that you receive a lovely one tomorrow! Do have FUN and enjoy that chocolate for me, will you? Take care, pat

PS. Next time, you will see another flea market find....and what I've done with it...a clue - Pink roses!

2 comments:

BrenWall61@gmail.com said...

I can see you recreating that picture and doing it so much better. Can't wait to see it.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

What a gorgeous Valentine's card!!! What a special find. Hope you have a great day. Love & blessings from NC!

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.