Monday, September 14, 2009

The "Hansel and Gretel" House on the River






Well, I'm back from the quilting retreat!!!! As promised, I'm posting after returning from my guild's retreat at the 4H Center in West Little Rock. Boy, am I tired! I didn't get to bed before two o'clock any of the nights I was there. It is huge fun to sit and talk and laugh with my friends, old and new. A wonderful time was had by all...this being just about the best retreat we've ever had!

I'm not quite ready to post about my class, etc., so look for that later in the week. Instead, I am going to show you the house next door to the cabin I was at when I told you about visiting the river week before last with Larry and that old navy man. I just love this little place......

The first time we went to the river with Larry, I saw this house and instantly thought of "Hansel and Gretel"....you know, the house in the woods! There are all kinds of trees growing here, and at the right time of the year...flowers are in abundance. There is a wooden walkway down to the river which stops at that dock I showed you last time with the flag reflecting in the water. There are tiny windows, all kinds of pots with things growing...a deck, etc. When you drive by, you can hardly see the house for the trees, shrubs, and vines. It's rather secluded...just like "being in the woods." Do you think this tiny little house is cute? I sure do. I would love to have a place like this...but, truly, I'd NEVER get a thing done for being out on the dock just drinking in all that natural beauty and peacefulness!

So, hope you enjoy seeing it and I will be presenting my class samples, etc. for you to see in a couple of days....so much to do....so little time...my Knot group comes on Thursday! Do take care til then...pat

1 comment:

Judy said...

Oh I love it!! Does it have enough room for the two of us? I'd love to live there. I'm packing as I write this so make room for me.

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.