Friday, April 18, 2008

Studio Tour by Special Request






I have been asked to give you a tour of my studio, which as you know, is called Bird Nest on the Ground. My little house, or nest, is located in my backyard, not too far from our home, as you can see from the photo located under the banner of this blog. I love this place. It's 18' x 26'....not exactly tiny, but not overly large either. We built it in the heat of summer, 2004. The day we poured the foundation the heat index was about 105 degrees and the humidity was off the charts. Worth every drop of sweat, though, as it has been my sanctuary, my workplace, my favorite spot on the planet, the meeting place "of choice" of my favorite quiltmaking friends and the birthplace of the "Annual Eaton Family Thanksgiving Art Exhibit." You will notice that no matter how much space I have...I manage to fill it to the brim. I try to maintain organization, as I prefer things "neat," but when I am really hard at work here, well, sometimes chaos appears and stays awhile. I am very lucky, indeed, to have such a place and I do not take it for granted - ever. I hope you enjoy the visit! Pat

1 comment:

The Feathered Nest said...

Oh Nancy!!! Your studio is beautiful to me!!!!! Thank you so very much for stopping by my blog and for sending me such a sweet email! I love your studio and can only dream of having that much creative space. Right now mine is in a small 11 x 11 room but I am thankful....I do have lots of "stuff" though and have to constantly keep organizing. It's so very nice to meet you and those beaded bags are absolutely gorgeous that your group creates!! xxoo, Dawn

A Bit of Heaven

A Bit of Heaven
An original designed wall quilt with my vision of heaven on earth.